Saturday, May 24, 2008

Juice pouch coin purse Tutorial










K, start with two empty, clean, and dry juice bags. I have been collecting these for months now so I have quite a few. If you don't have any just go buy a package and empty the contents by slitting the bottom and emptying into a pitcher and saving the drink for you. For those who have kids that have drunk them up you will need to slit very carefully the bottom of the bag and rinse with water and air dry or use a paper towel if you can't wait to get started.Decide which color you want for the outside and for the inside of your coin purse.





Now stitch down just the very top of the color bag you want as the main color. I used a zig-zag stitch and white thread. These bags are not forgiving so you can't re-do these, once stitched there is no ripping out seams and re-sewing. Fold down the other bag and stitch across the top.Place the smaller one wrong sides together and stitch around sides and bottom.










I used sticky back velcro for the closure. That's it, your finished. Hopefully I didn't leave anything out but if you have questions let me know.





1 comment:

A. Lin said...

Very interesting. I never would have thought to use a juice pouch that way.